Sunday, May 1, 2011

Are open relationships the new Chinos?

Why is it that open relationships seem more fashionable now days than key summer garments like chinos? Everywhere you look (mostly online) people are ready to admit and leave it out on the open that they are in an open relationship and what may come may come. The first question that comes to my mind is why be in a relationship if you want it open?! As with any transaction there must be perks right? So you live together, share a life together but someday should you get lonely or your hormones go off the charts and you happen to meet some charmer on the streets or in a bar or behind the trash can then it's perfectly okay for you to sleep with him or do whatever your heart desires without hurting your partner. Is that right? I don't know which is worse. Openly 'cheating' on your partner or being in this relationship all together. Whatever happened to love?! True unconditional love. The can't sleep, can't breathe, can't be apart from each other, unequivocal love. I in fact know of a couple in an open relationship. They have been together for many years now and I guess the intimacy needs a bit of spicing up. I'm not one for following rules. In fact I think when it comes to life, relationships and everything in between, you should make your own rules. Do what works for you. Do what your heart tells you. But I still can't wrap my head around the idea of an open relationship. I personally think that if the discussion should arise in my personal situation it would be a reason to call off the relationship. Because the truth is I'm looking for that long lasting foreverness and I think it's hard to find now days. Who knows if we'll ever be happy but the naive person inside of me continues with hope and spirit. Are you open to the idea of an open relationship?! 

1 comment:

  1. I don´t get it either, I mean I want a boyfriend so I can get laid on a regular basis, you know for those times when my hormones do run off the chart. At those times I don´t want some random guy of the street, i want someone who knows me and knows what he´s doing, and also someone who´s obligated to sleep with me. I don´t think that´s too much to ask.

    ReplyDelete