Monday, April 25, 2011

Along came Jack

In a never ending world of dating there is always a next and in my case it happened Friday night. It was one of those spontaneous nights which I really love; when everything happens unexpectedly with no prior planning. The night started with a planned dinner at my friends house with some wine and good company. After which I was ready to go home. But just as I was on my way home another friend messaged me. She was out with friends for a birthday and invited me to join. My mind had mentally checked out for the night and was ready to hit the sack. So I said I'd go home to drop off my things and then head over. She said 'ok', as if she knew that had I gone home I would never make it out again. In my on going efforts to prove people wrong, I did the unexpected. I went home as planned, freshened up and hit the streets. As I predicted my friend was pleasantly surprised to see me. We finished up at the bar they were at and headed to another place for pre-dancing with great 80s music. Sadly there were no protagonists at this disco. And if there were they were under cover. The party of 10 shrunk to a party of 4 and we all headed to another disco...one that I almost never ever willingly go to. They play electro music in one room and rock in the other. Not usually my thing. But I was just happy with the company I had and so it was irrelevant. My friend and I were dancing hysterically. So much so that we fell...plenty of times. In fact I have the bruise marks to prove it. Along came Polly. She started talking to me and she was smooth. Soon I was talking to her friend Jack. One thing lead to another and we went home together. The point of this whole story is that sometimes you have to change your course, mix things up and live a little. Who knows what will happen and who knows who you will meet. 

1 comment:

  1. i'm like you, electro or techno music does not float my boat. good for you for going with the flow with this guy jack. sometimes, you just have to do it.

    ReplyDelete