Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So we meet again

So my stalker re-surfaced again this weekend. Funny enough I didn´t even recognize him. I have this thing that if I´ve only met a person once I can´t remember what they look like, which can cause for some pretty awkward moments. Last friday being one of them. So this guy and this girl comes into the bar and sits down at a table. I get ready to go take their order when my co-worker turns to me and asks if I want her to get that. Thinking it´s a bit strange since I was already on my way I just say, "no I got it". As I´m walking towards the table I can´t help thinking the guy looks familiar, but he´s probably been here before, that´s why. He is staring pretty intensly isn´t he? Weird...well, ok I take their order and return to behind the bar where my co-worker is waiting looking rather confused. She moves a little closer and asks; isn´t that the guy that was after you a little bit? Now this is where all the pieces suddenly fall into place in my head, and I just go; omg that´s why he looked familiar!! I start to realise what I just did and start hyperventilating and repeating oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... After a few seconds I managed to get myself together enough to bring them their order without revealing my fragile state of mind of the moment. The following hour I spent staring nervously at their table, convinced that he would at some point come up to me and confront me regarding me standing him up for our date and thereafter ignoring his intense texting. This did not happen though. Apart from a few intense looks across the bar nothing happened. Possibly because he was there with someone, I don´t know, but I was very relieved when they finally left without any dramatic confrontation. And suprisingly I haven´t received any texts during the past few days either, I was convinced I had triggered the crazy stalker within him again, but no. Today I finally changed my number so I guess we can now close the chapter on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment