Sunday, May 22, 2011

No Strings Attached

I just saw the movie 'No String Attached' and I couldn't help but think 'can you just be sex friends?' without the emotional bla bla. If so, how long could it last? 


They are nice to have around and even better when they live just right around the corner. But how long before the line gets blurry between sex buddies and something more? Is it wrong to date your sex buddy? I know lots of people who have them and have no trouble distinguishing the difference. They have no emotional connection to this person whatsoever. Some of them even keep them on speed dial. But the sex is so good so they keep him around. If the sex is good, why not start something more? Are they worried that it would ruin everything? Is it impossible to have a great sex and emotional partner built in one? 


I recently met a guy who seems interesting but it seems he's turned out to be my very own sex buddy. He never sleeps over and I only see him under the cover of darkness. Perhaps that's all he wants. He hasn't called in days. I think it's time to pick up the phone or find some new ones. 


^^melocoton^^

3 comments:

  1. i think sometimes, there really is such a thing called "no strings attached." some people are just not into relationships and just want a sex buddy. i think it's important that the people talk about their intentions because if it's not laid out clear that it is just all about sex - then someone is going to get hurt. i'm not sure about dating a sex buddy. this is going to sound weird, while great sex is awesome, i don't think great sex is a foundation of a good relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the last point, but it sure helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe great sex isn't the foundation of a relationship but I think it's definitely an important part of it. I'm wondering if bad sex can ruin a relationship? Once I was with this guy who was fine in bed, but the absolute worst kisser. Even after some diplomatically laid out instructions from my side in an attempt to make him better, he would just get angry with me and keep on doing it his way. In the end I just stopped wanting to kiss him, and I can't help but thinking if it was then that the spark started dying as well, and a couple of months later we broke up.
    As for sex buddies I think they are important for your health. It's good to have your very own booty call to get some lovin from every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete