Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy new year everyone!

New years eve, the day of hope and resolutions. I never make resolutions, because I don´t believe in them. If you really want to make a change in your life, then you just make it, you don´t need a schedule telling you when to do it. Anyway, this year I thought I´d make an exception, however, this is something I would have decided on anyway, the timing is just coincidental, but I will call it a new years resolution because of that. I promise to be nicer to myself, treat myself with the same respect I treat others. I will learn to say no and not agree to go on dates with guys I´m not really interested in. Yes I do that. I have a hard time saying no to people, because I don´t want to offend anyone. This is how I usually end up with a crazy stalker and have to change my phone number.

Last week I had a date with this guy. When he first asked me out my first impulse was to say no, but since I couldn´t come up with a polite way to say no, I ended up saying yes instead. (Yes, I do that, seriously.) On the big night I had a really bad feeling and just felt like I really don´t wan´t to go. So I ended up being 40 minutes late, and when I got there he had left. I´m gonna give you the short version of a very long story, basically I texted him some random excuse for being late and apologized and said I didn´t think I could see him. He starts texting me very frequently over the next few days, I got a little freaked out about the intensity and just stopped replying.

Now a couple of days ago I found out he stopped by the bar where I work and interrogated one of my co-workers about me. The girl I work with obviously didn´t give out any details about me, but she did end up telling him I´m working new years eve. Later that night I also received a very angry text from him where he basically accused me of lying to him (???), he was very upset and ended with a "thank you and good bye!" Hopefully that actually meant thank you and good bye and wasn´t just some attempt to get a reaction from me, because if so I might have a visit in the bar tonight to look forward to...

Anyway, my point with this whole story is; I will not give out my number to any cute random guy who wants to date me. I will be picky! I will not be desperate!

I wish you all the happiest of new years!

"Corazón"

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, better luck with dates in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brava... better to wait for the right guy. have a wonderful 2011. Carla

    ReplyDelete