Thursday, December 23, 2010

Friend or Lover?

Can you date your friends? What about your friends friend? I recently started seeing a friend of a friend and I guess things will never be the same again. 


Well we've casually met a couple times before we started 'seeing' each other but now it is in that weird stage. Do we take the next step or do we fear ruining the friendship and go back to being just friends? The dilemma is that no matter what happens it will be impossible to avoid him. We both have mutual friends and as a result we'll run into each other at one point or another. So we had a mini talk and came to no conclusion and continue being in this grey zone, so to speak. He says that it seems like I'm more into him bla bla bla. So naturally I decided to give him some space. That means no calling, no texting, no facebooking...nada. zip. This is also code for playing the game. And I HATE games. 


It's been days of radio silence but last night he called me and invited me for drinks with his friends before I left for Christmas break. During the whole night he commented that I was acting weird. Perhaps I was. I guess in my mind I felt questions rolling through my head like Jeopardy. Where is this going? Am I here as your friend or something else? What did you tell these people about me? It's a strange feeling. I still have no idea where this is headed but I guess I should just not worry and take it as it comes. But of course that is easier said than done especially when you let your emotions do the talking.


There's a great old saying: Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts and you are the slave to your emotions


Hope you all have a good Christmas! 


^^melocoton^^

No comments:

Post a Comment