Friday, December 24, 2010

FUI - Facebooking under the influence

Just woke up after a night of way to much vino blanco, and way to many sent text messages, msn chats and facebook messages. Really there should be an alcolock installed on cell phones and computers, you know like on a car when you have to take a breathalyzer test to be able to start it. I always say that as a joke, but after last night I´m actually considering writing letters to Apple, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and any other company that makes these high risk machines that should never be operated under the influence of alcohol. Never!!

So last night, I decided that I needed to do something brave and honest that I´ve never actually done before. Because I always play The Game (no I´m not referring to the book with the same title, but just the oh so well known dating games in general). I pretend I´m not interested when I am, I play hard to get, wait for him to come after me. Well according to the regular game rules if a guy has had your number for over a month and hasn´t called you that means he´s just not that into you (love that book by the way, it´s my bible). However, being influenced by some friends, I came to the conclusion last night that he might not be calling because he just doesn´t think I´m that interested. (Cause girls aalllways give out their numbers to guys they´re not interested in, well actually I do, but that´s a different story for another time...) So being cheered on by a friend (male friend) I sent my guy a very honest message on facebook, telling him that I liked him and that I would like to go out with him. My friend told me: Just be honest and tell him you like him, don´t speak in riddles and say half of what you mean and let him guess the rest, like girls usually do. Guys hate that, really, it just leads to misunderstandings. Just be straight forward and honest!

So I was! I was feeling so good about myself last night, then I woke up this morning, sober... Oh dear God what have I done...?? Am I really that into him that it was worth sacrificing my dignity? Am I? Last night, that would have been a roaring yeeeesss!!! Today, ehm, maybe...? I´m afraid to log in to facebook to be hit with the humiliating truth. I´d really rather have him just ignore the message forever than tell me he´s not that into me.

Why do we do these things? Are we that desperate for someone to love us? Or is it just our egos that need a little attention? If I knew the answer to that I would be a wise woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment