Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Breaking up - not always hard to do

I´m going to spare you the agony of taking you through my entire pathetic dating history, parts of it will most likely come up in future posts anyway, during some bitter and lonely evening after way too much wine, if I were to make a qualified guess. So today I will just focus on my latest relationship. I´ve been single for about two years now. My last boyfriend was an asshole, but disguised it as just being stupid. Like he didn´t understand why commenting on my weight was a mean thing to do, he was just "being honest". (Come on seriously is there any guy out there who doesn´t know the girlfriends weight is forbidden territory? I mean, really?? If there still is some guy who´s somewhat confused on what I´m talking about pay attention: Never comment on girlfriends weight! Honesty is not the best policy, you do not need to understand why that is, you just do not go there! Not ever!) The other thing he did was to cut off my financial resources, by convincing me I didn´t need to take a loan while studying, and with that making me completely depending on him. This was something he loved pointing out during our relationship, how I´d be nothing without him. For me as someone who had always taken care of myself, making my own money, this was a very strange and uncomfortable situation to be in all of a sudden. And to top this dysfunctional relationship off he also had the emotional maturity of a 5-year-old, which pretty much made it impossible to carry on a normal discussion when we disagreed on something. This almost two year long relationship left me somewhat damaged with slight issues with intimacy and trust. I believe my only thought when I finally moved out of our apartment into my own was (except for the words “Freedom at last!” while doing the victory dance) “I´m never having another serious relationship again! I will never live with anyone ever again!”

But now here I am, two years later, having slowly healed, and starting to feel ready to date again, only to come to a disappointing realization that raises the old question; where have all the good men gone?

"Corazon"

2 comments:

  1. I saw where you visited my blog, thank you. I am going to follow this one. You seem like a person who has strength, even after what you have been through. I have found out you can only trust yourself. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Beautiful question.Now very few good men.
    Thank You very much for visit.I saw Your comment now.

    ReplyDelete