Saturday, November 19, 2011

Zero tolerance

I´ve recently discovered that I have a zero tolerance policy for bullshit these days. It dawned on me when I was having a conversation with my ex, and he was asking for my advice regarding his new stormy relationship. The girl he´s with has mood swings and irrational demands on him and their relationship on a level that makes my PMS-symptoms seem like a mild summer breeze (and bear in mind, I have been guilty of the occasional death threat during that time of the month... ) And her behavior isn´t just constrained to one week of the month, this is a 24 hour on going circus in their life apparently. So anyway, he tells me all this and how stressed he is about it, and he asks what to do. Now I just can´t help but feeling this sense of incredible frustration. Just kick her out!! For God´s sake! Stop taking so much crap! Don´t you have any self respect??

I think the reason I´m having this strong reaction is because I used to be that girl, no not the crazy knife throwing bunny boiler, I meant that girl as in, the one who used to take all the crap. I was always thinking, if I just change a little bit more, if I just become perfect, then he will change too because then he will love me and everything will be fantastic. So I changed, and changed and tried harder and harder to become someone that he thought I should be. In the end I didn´t even recognize myself anymore, I was just playing the part of the perfect girlfriend. After I hit rock bottom and left my last destructive relationship I´ve become a lot more aware of what I want and who I am. And today I would never let anyone tell me who I should be or what I should do. I like who I am and if someone has a problem with any part of me, well, that´s just it, their problem. I can´t be responsible for your feelings, so you go deal with it!

If I´m with someone who needs me to be any of the following; their therapist, their mother and/or their cleaning lady, move along! We´re done! I´d rather be alone than in a relationship where I´m miserable more than 50% of the time. Don´t waste my time please, I got stuff to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment